Supplies in the box
- Edding 1340 Brushpen
- Staedtler Triplus Fineliner (x2)
- Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pen
- Pentel EnerGel Plus 0.7 Rollerball
- Carolina Ghelfi Stamp/Sticker Set
- DotGrid A6 Scrawlr NotePad
Personal thoughts on the supplies
The Edding 1340 Brushpen is a “regular” brushpen with which you can draw both thin and thick lines. My main use for this would be for calligraphy and/or to fill in larger areas when doodling.
The Staedtler Triplus Fineliner (x2) is as good as always! I used these a lot in my bullet journal in the past. The turquoise pen provided in this box was (and still is) my favourite. I am also pleased that they included the grey one because I have wanted to try it out. I think it’s great for making shadows when drawing but I would not recommend it for writing since it barely show up on the page. However, if you want to write things that are not to be prominent on the page, this pen may work perfectly.
The Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Brush Pen is super light in colour and does not stand out on the paper. I would not recommend it for writing but for colouring with layers it is fairly useful.
The Pentel EnerGel Plus 0.7 Rollerball is my favourite in this box! It is smooth to both write and draw with. Personally I prefer 0.4 mm when writing since I like to write small. This pen, however, is not optimal for that since it’s 0.7 mm.
The Carolina Ghelfi Stamp/Sticker Set is great if you are into that sort of thing! Personally I dislike stamps and stickers since I often want to do it myself. Further, to use the stickers in this set you actually have to cut them out yourself and that is a turn-off in my opinion. I mean, if you use stickers it’s probably because you want it to be quick and easy but being forced to cut it out first is quite the opposite.
The DotGrid A6 Scrawlr NotePad is nice! I really love the dot grid layout and I use it in my other notebooks as well.
Personal thoughts on the box and the challenge
This challenge is definitely a disappointment for me. The supplies however is great (mainly the pens).
The reason why the challenge is disappointing for me is because:
- I did bullet journaling for two years in the past so I have already tried that (FYI, I do like bullet journals and think it’s a great way to organise things)
- I do not see bullet journaling as art. You can of course be creative with your bullet journal and create amazing pages with doodles, quotes, layouts, lists etc, BUT for me it’s not the type of art I expect from an “art box”.
In my opinion, this box is be better suited for a “productivity box” or “stationary box”
Watch the speedpaint on my youtube channel